Leading accountancy practice seek experienced client accountant to join their team in Northampton.
My client is a successful and growing accountancy firm. They have multiple requirements for experienced accountants to join their Business Services team in Northampton. As Business Services Senior, or Semi Senior, you will prepare management accounts, financial statements and VAT returns for a variety of clients in the Northampton area. In addition, you will help to provide training to your clients in cloud based accounting software packages that they use.
The Business Services / Outsourcing department is a key, successful and growing area of the firm. Working on your own portfolio of existing clients, you will have the opportunity to work with owner managed businesses and entrepreneurial clients with turnovers up to £10 million.
- Prepare management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting
- Provide advice and recommendations to clients in relation to financial reporting matters
- Develop and maintain good client relations
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client's expectations
- Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting and accounting systems in use (including software).
- Previous general accountancy practice experience with demonstrable knowledge of producing management accounts and completing VAT returns
- Strong IT skills including MS Office packages - any knowledge of cloud based accounting systems such as Xero is beneficial
- Client focussed with excellent communication skills
- Organised and methodical, able to carry out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to work under own initiative with excellent time management skills, able to operate to deadlines and prioritise
- Ability to visit clients on site in the Northampton area.
Interested? Apply today or call Ashley to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17569
- management accounts
- accounts preparation
- financial statements