Location: Milton Keynes (with some travel to London)
Are you a high energy driven, dynamic and technically strong but commercially aware qualified or about to qualify practice accountant (ACCA / ACA/ CIMA or other Internationally recognised qualification)
If so, come and work with us! We are one of the UK’s leading cloud based Chartered Accountants based in Milton Keynes and we re expanding into London. We offer our clients a technology focused cloud accounting and finance solution. We're fun to work with and our clients tell us we're the best there is.
We have some amazing, fast growth, high octane driven clients and great staff and we're looking for best of the best to help them become more successful which in turn will benefit you.
You'll need to have your head in the cloud using the latest accounting and productivity tools such as Xero, Quickbooks, Dropbox, Skype, Google Docs, Futurli, Castaway, Receipt Bank to name a few. And of course, you 'll need to be comfortable with the Office Suite of products to keep your feet on the ground.
You'll need to have drive, commercial interest and a minimum 3 years previous experience of working in a UK firm of accountants, preferably in a mid tier firm where a wide range of skills were needed. The ability to take the initiative, spot opportunities, solve problems and a desire to learn are key. Manager and Partnership potential is a given.
As a Client Accountant you will work with the Practice Manager and oversee all client requirements taking responsibility for supervising work from junior members of the team including client analysts, book keepers and accounts assistants. You will also have the opportunity to work with our high profile directors and get involved in a number of ad hoc projects and corporate finance work.
- Tech savvy - you know your APPS as much as you know your GAAP's
- Experience in a practice environment
- Extensive and practical knowledge of financial reconciliations, processes and controls, management accounts production, budgeting, forecasting and application of KPI's
- Ability to multi task and handle pressures of deadlines and prioritisation skills
- Excellent excel knowledge
- Practical book keeping experience
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience
- Payroll and year end PAYE issues
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns practical knowledge of VAT rules
- Processing journals, accounting adjustments and year end adjustments
- Excellent communication skills - in person and written
- High level of attention to detail and disciplined
- Prepare accounts from start to finish without assistance for a variety of small to medium size businesses
- Experience in preparing corporate and personal tax returns will be an advantage
- Ability/desire to manage junior staff
- Minimum 2:1 degree, 20 UCAS points ("A" levels or equivalent), Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent), minimum B grade
- Highly organised with high energy levels
- Customer orientated - enjoy meeting new clients and helping them to achieve goals and aspirations
- Drive to achieve and passion to deliver top quality work
- Able to travel to client sites, particularly London
- Excellent interpersonal skills, listening and empathy for the SME sector
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive and over sector norms and dependent on experience with a good bonus scheme, study support, the usual bank holidays, 20 days holiday and 1 day each quarter for community / charity involvement of your choice.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job