Clerk of Works - Public Sector Organisation - Interim role - 3 month rolling - central london
Your new company
On behalf of a well established Public Sector Organisation, Hays Property & Surveying are looking for a Clerk of Works, to join their Housing Team.
Offices are based close to local bus and train stations making this a very commutable location.
Your new role
The overall objective of this role is to act as an impartial, independent inspector, responsible for ensuring that work is carried out to standards, specification and schedule.
You will ensure the correct materials are used and that the workmanship is of a high quality.
Some of the duties include:
* Review contract documentation including drawings, specifications and contract conditions.
* Advise upon the practical implications of implementing the designs and draw attention to any areas for improvement.
* Inspect construction works for compliance with contract documentation, contract instructions and good practice.
* Inspect construction works for compliance with statutory regulations (e.g. Building Regulations, CDM Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act and Control of Asbestos Regulations)
* Keep appropriate records of conditions and progress on site, ensuring they are comprehensive and well-structured.
* Carry out inspections to record any defects which become apparent after the completion of works and pass those records to the appropriate person as identified within the contract.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will:
* Have a construction trade or management qualification,
* Have experience of inspecting construction work for compliance with contract documentation, regulations and good practice,
* Ability to interpret contract documentation including construction drawings and specifications,
* Ability to provide written reports that are clear and concise,
* Excellent communication, negation and influencing skills,
* Understanding of the regulations governing health and safety in the context of the role
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well established public sector organisation and will benefit from a competitive hourly rate as well as the possibility to work on a long assignment, finally you will be based in an area with great transportation links.
You will join a team of friendly and experienced professionals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'