Our client, a dynamic and reputable Housing Association, are looking to recruit a Clerk of Works on a permanent basis. The role is full-time and is due to start as soon as possible. The salary for this role is competitive depending upon experience. The ideal candidate must also have understanding of contract supervision and the intricacies of a Clerk of Works role. The successful candidate must have a HNC (or equivalent) qualification, and must hold a full UK Driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Ensure all contractors comply with all the requirements of the relevant contracts
* Assist the Development Team and Consultants in the preparation of specifications and other tender documentation to ensure best value in relation to price and quality
* Oversee works on site, attend site meetings, and prepare technical specifications and written reports
* Ensure that contractors are adequately supervised with regard to quality of work, specifications and contract documents, and compliance with deadlines
* Carry out property condition surveys and pre-inspection of necessary repairs
* Undertake post-inspection of building work to ensure that works have been correctly carried out and quantities and charges applied appropriately
* Complete surveys and inspections that may cover any part of the building fabric to a diverse range of stock, necessitating use of ladders and working at height on scaffolding from time to time
* Carry out surveys and inspections that cover any part of the building fabric to a diverse range of stock, with the use of ladders and working at height on scaffolding from time to time
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of James Andrews Recruitment Solutions who are operating as an employment agency and business. James Andrews Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.