Connect2Kent are looking for a temporaray Clerk or Works to join KCC Highways team on the Pothole Blitz project.
Purpose of the Job:
The post holder will carry out day to day inspections of all works carried out under the 2017 Pothole Blitz. Inspections will ensure that works are carried out according to programme, to the expected standard of workmanship and in a safe manner.
The post holder will be able to demonstrate a suitable level of experience in the highway engineering industry with particular expertise in the surfacing and carriageway repair field and have the relevant NRSWA qualifications to carry out inspections of highway works.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the Master Works Programme plan daily site visits to active pothole and patching sites.
- Carry out inspections of all active sites and keep site records. Inspections to include safety inspections, quality and quantities of repairs. (NRSWA)
- Instruct site crews of any failings and advise to ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
- Work with contractors to ensure that all crews are inducted and aware of the required standards.
- Feed back to the 3 area District Manager representatives any issues.
- Respond to any issues raised on site either by phone or by site visit - this could be as a result of a public complaint or enquiry.
DUE TO THE URGENT NATURE OF THIS POSITION, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS ADVERT ONLINE IN THE FIRST INSTANCE. IF YOU DO NOT HEAR FROM US WITHIN 48 HOURS PLEASE ASSUME YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL FOR THIS ROLE.
Connect2Kent is an agency acting as an employment business and as an equal opportunity agency.
Closing date is 16/4/18Commercial Services Kent/Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job