We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Tyne and Wear in their search for a Clerical Assistant. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible.
- Provide a wide range of clerical duties e.g. maintaining electronic and paper based office systems, photocopying, binding, laminating, printing, compilation of information packs, distribution and retrieval of items etc.
- Provide cover on reception / switchboard as required receiving incoming calls and visitors in a courteous, efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for receiving and logging incoming mail, collecting outgoing mail and sorting / preparing for distribution.
- Provide, support and cover the workload of the other Clerical Assistant when required, carrying out relevant duties to ensure the services of the function are delivered efficiently.
- Manage data and information to produce a variety of reports and documentation, undertaking appropriate quality checks.
- Assist with room bookings ensuring rooms are set out accordingly with the necessary equipment and carrying out routine checks as required.
- Assist with the management of stationary supplies and stock including the monitoring of usage.
- Undertake duties in relation to the Financial Management System (SAP).
- Assist with the management of petty cash or any other cash systems including payphones.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Ability to take and prepare minutes at meetings.
- Ability to Input data and information accurately
- Be able to prioritise own workload whilst working to conflicting deadlines
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Must be able to work to a flexible working scheme, which may include some weekends/evenings.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job