Clerical Assistant / Administrator
£8.64 per hour
6-8 weeks - Starting January
A leading educational organisation in Manchester are looking for a strong administrator to take on a new job for upto 8 weeks.
Working as an administrator within this strong, forward thinking and progressive organisation will require someone with solid administration and clerical experience. This job would suit someone from a professional background.
Duties and responsibilities of the Clerical Assistant / Administrator are:
- Provide high level clerical support to other Managers, Officers, Coordinators and Graduate Interns as appropriate within the Academic Enrichment Team;
- Handle and manage enquiries relating to recruitment and widening participation, in participation from teachers and advisors requesting Why Study talks and Academic Guest Lectures;
- Maintain and record information accurately within databases and spreadsheets and to produce associated reports;
- Assist in the day-to-day operational administration of the and Academic Enrichment team;
- Co-ordinate the logistics for, and organise attendance at, various recruitment and widening participation events, including attending events where appropriate;
- Liaise with administrative and academic staff within the central offices, current PhD students, Faculties and Academic Schools to co-ordinate the administration of initiatives and events.
- Previous experience in an administrative or clerical capacity
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with staff and students and a wide variety of people in a polite, friendly and confident manner
- Good communication and organisational skills with attention to detail
- A polite and efficient telephone manner
- Be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Be able to prioritise and organise own workload and work to deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including use of Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other packages
- A positive and flexible approach to work
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail
KEYWORDS: JOB, IMMEDIATE, TEMP, CONTRACT, MANCHESTER, EDUCATION
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job