Schneider Electric Software
Schneider Electric is an innovative and trusted provider of software andservices that improve productivity and profitability for production, manufacturingand infrastructure industries. Our software solutions allow customers todeliver sustainable performance with flexibility and agility to addressevolving market requirements.
Why join us?
First and foremost is our open approach. It’s about providing anenvironment that encourages personal growth and recognizes and rewards success.Schneider Electric offers a clearly different employment experience than otherglobal organizations. We don’t place limits on what people can achieve.
We do this by:
- Providing an exciting and challenging environment in a respected, highly successful and growing company where success is built by the people who work here
- Being performance-oriented: developing, recognizing and rewarding a ‘can-do’ approach, great performance and personal achievement
- Expecting colleagues to challenge each other and continuously seek opportunities to do things better
- Valuing people who solve problems and thrive on challenges
- Creating new opportunities for personal growth by supporting the training and development of our people
- Working collaboratively with others to achieve shared success
- Being open and transparent as an organization
- Encouraging people to make a positive contribution and express their point of view without fear
- Providing an environment in which people can shape their own career paths
- Nurturing courageous people who want to make big things happen – and providing them the environment to do it
- Manage a number of software deployment and projects
- Gather client requirements and feedback, working with consultants and product managers to develop a project plan and ensure a viable implementation
- Develop a trusted relationship with the customer through delivering their requirements
- Oversee project team interactions coordinating project elements and communicating project progress, both internally and to customers
- Plan transition of responsibility to support team once project delivery is complete
- Work with senior technical staff to improve and mature deployment project management processes
SchneiderElectric is seeking a software engineer with strong C# experience to join itsClearSCADA development group based at the Coventry office. The mainresponsibility of the role is to develop, extend and support SchneiderElectric’s ClearSCADA product to meet new market and userrequirements. The team uses agile development techniques.
ClearSCADAis an advanced wide area telemetry SCADA package with proprietary onlinedatabase, extensive support for telemetry and integrated graphics package. Itis used in large wide area monitoring of assets and plant, for examplemonitoring water networks for water authorities.
Weare looking primarily for a developer that has had UI experience; this rolewould involve writing software to add to our ClearSCADA offering which wouldinclude updating and maintaining the ClearSCADA desktop client, updating andmaintain the ClearSCADA web client. Whilst this will be a primarilyUI focussed role, gaining an understand of the ClearSCADA server works will be essential.
Anenthusiastic candidate new to professional software development would also beconsidered if they have a strong desire to learn and develop their skills.
Thesuccessful candidate will be trained in ClearSCADA and then initially spendtime developing smaller features and fixing bugs. Over time thiswill progress to include larger development tasks. For example,adding new features to the web or desktop client.
- Excellent modern C#.
- Multi-threaded application development.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Microsoft Windows platform.
- Knowledge of writing software for large distributed systems (e.g. client/server)
- Android Studio.
- Agile development techniques.
- Android Studio.
- Agile development techniques.
Salary and Benefits
This role enjoys a salary of up to £45,000pa depending on background and past experience.
Our benefits package includes a discretionaryannual bonus scheme, 28 days annual leave, a competitive contributory pensionscheme, and BUPA health and life insurance cover.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of ourorganisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. Werecognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity andfosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of ourcommunities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger todrive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please apply online.
The Schneider Electricindustrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc,a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are ownedby Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job