To effectively supervise the cleaning operation to the satisfaction of the company and client via direction from your Line Manager.
To ensure that the delivery of the service is in accordance with client specification and that all activities are undertaken in a safe manner in compliance with LCC policies and legislation.
• To ensure a full knowledge and understanding of your designated duties, activities and expected standards of performance.
• To take responsibility for the supervision and organization of the cleaning contract.
• To ensure that all necessary resources, materials and machines are checked for safety and area available for cleaning shifts.
• To ensure that all cleaning cupboards are maintained in a tidy and orderly fashion with all relevant posters/information displayed.
• To take responsibility and accountability for the team’s health and safety performance.
• To communicate effectively with your Line Manager & sub-ordinate cleaning staff on a daily basis.
• To select, recruit and vet employees in alignment with Company Terms & Conditions and Policy and be accountable for their induction.
• To instruct employees in relevant health and safety rules, make records of this instruction and enforce all health and safety rules and procedures and safe systems of work.
• To enforce personal protective equipment requirements, make spot checks to determine that protective equipment is being used and periodically appraise condition of equipment. Record any infringements of the personal protective equipment policy.
• To be accountable for the development and ongoing training of operatives by identifying training needs and utilising resources provided by the company to progress their skills and knowledge eg Tool Box Talks, Site Packs.
• Ensure staff retention and encourage motivation and team spirit whilst developing team members to meet succession planning needs.
• If Time Attend system operating on site ensure that all operatives are using it properly and all updated staff information/queries are directed to head office.
• To be accountable and respond to all relevant help desk issues/corrective actions appropriately within the designated time scales.
• To manage the company site pack to ensure it contains all the relevant and up to date company documentation and ensure that all operatives have a full understanding of the site pack and in particular the relevant COSHH and RAMS for the actual tasks that they carry out.
• To ensure compliance with the company’s grievance and disciplinary policies and procedures by strictly adhering to and acting upon within authority and that no action is initiated unless authorised by your line manager/HR Manager.
• To ensure that any relevant payroll documentation is prepared and submitted in line with designated deadlines.
• To manage the day to day aspects of all relevant services on site such as waste, feminine hygiene, window cleaning, pest control and others where applicable.
• To ensure that any accidents/incidents./near misses are reported in accordance with LCC Accident/Incident/Near Miss Reporting Procedure.
• To ensure that any faulty broken machinery is reported in accordance with LCC Reporting of Faulty Machinery Procedure.
• To conduct Tool Box Talk training sessions to all sub-ordinate staff.
• To build on site client relationships and be aware of any potential or existing client dissatisfaction or circumstances and ensure that these are escalated to your Line Manager.
• To attend training courses as requested and update own personal skills and knowledge in areas of business, cleaning industry advancement and in particular health & safety.
• To recognise any potential for growth within the contract and communicate to your Line Manager. Customer Care
• Proactively develop and maintain the highest standards of customer care in all areas of responsibility. Relationships
• Maintain effective communication at all times, ensuring that all information is shared with relevant staff, clients and customers.
• Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all colleagues.
• Provide regular feedback to your line manager ensuring they are advised of all developments and problems in your areas of responsibility.
• Act at all times in the best interest of the business to further good relations. Self Development
• Conduct a continual review of personal performance, seeking to improve effectiveness both individually and as a team member.
• Assist in the identification of personal training and development needs in relation to your duties.
• Understand and work towards individual, team and business objectives. General
• To be responsible for your own health and ensure that standards are maintained at all times. Advise your Line Manager/the Health and Safety Representative of potential risk areas.
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive and we would be pleased to discuss any constructive comments you may have. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasions, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'