HMPYOI Brinsford's education department are looking for an experienced Industrial Cleaning lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver Industrial Cleaning to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As a Lecturer within our Milton Keynes College Offender Learning team you will help to develop a strong Industrial Cleaning programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College. You will have experience within either Commercial or Domestic Cleaning and be able to share your knowledge with our learners.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in Industrial Cleaning. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated Industrial Cleaningteacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Please ensure that you include all supporting evidence of your previous experience within Industrial Cleaning (Commercial or Domestic) and teaching / training in order to be considered during the shortlisting process.
HMP YOI Brinsford is a Category C adult male prison as well as a young adult's institute. The Education Department works closely with prison colleagues to deliver relevant courses from Entry Level to Level 2 that help prepare learners for employment upon release. We are proud to boast the Interserve Academy in Industrial Cleaning; the Academy was set up in partnership with Interserve to support young adults to develop employability skills and gain qualifications leading to employment with the company on release. In the department we believe the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge will help our learners to end their offending behaviour. We engage the hardest to reach learners and encourage them to take pride in their own education and self-development.
As a successful candidate you will:
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in Industrial Cleaning (Commercial / Domestic) with relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Hold a relevant qualification in Industrial Cleaning (Commercial / Domestic).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Location: HMPYOI Brinsford
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: £18,015 - £32,578 per annum
Closing Date: 19 th February 2018
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.