Cleaner – Part Time
Richard House, Brentwood, Essex
£8.22 per hour (rising to £8.65 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
10 hours per week - Monday to Friday
We are seeking a Cleaner to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. At Richard House, we support people with mental health needs. The scheme consists of ten bedrooms with shared facilities and one self-contained flat. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
The role of Cleaner will include:
- Providing a personalised domestic service to customers, fulfilling housekeeping and domestic tasks to meet customer needs
- Ensuring a clean, comfortable and safe environment is maintained in the communal and service areas
- Having responsibility for the daily use of housekeeping equipment
- Monitoring of stock levels and reordering of supplies
Skills and experiences:
- Experience is not essential, however some experience of undertaking general housekeeping or domestic duties would be desirable
- An approachable, caring and compassionate attitude is essential
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Able to demonstrate a competent level of numeracy and literacy
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours per week
Read the full job profile here
Closing Date: 26 November 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'