Classroom Cover and Support Supervisor - Blackpool
Due to the ever changing environment within education, and the need for staff to be flexible and adaptable in the workplace this large academy based in Blackpool are looking for a Classroom Cover and Support Supervisor to work on a long term basis. This role will entail working alongside a teacher in a classroom and covering whole lessons as required in the absence of the usual teacher.
This unique and exciting position is ideal if you are an unqualified Teaching Assistant or Cover Supervisor and want to utilise your skills gained in education in a different capacity. The role of Classroom Support Supervisor is perfect for anyone who is considering applying for their PGCE qualification but wants to gain more experience in a classroom. Alternatively if you have a background working with children and young people and feel you have the skills and knowledge to move into the classroom then this may be the role for you.
More specifically, your role is to:
- Deliver pre set classes of 11-16 year old's in the absence of their usual class teacher.
- Manage behaviour in line with school policy.
- Leave completed work and observation notes for the class teacher.
- Provide support to the teacher in lessons as required
- Small group and 1-2-1 intervention work with lower ability students
- Have experience and a genuine passion for working within the secondary school sector
- Be able to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Be organized, calm in a crisis and able to think on your feet.
- Be flexible, punctual, professional and approachable.
The schools catchment area is diverse and contains a huge variety of needs and attributes amongst its cohort of students. You will need to be equipped to manage the learning of KS3 & KS4 students from a variety of backgrounds with different ability levels.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to
- cover supervisor
- Teaching assistant
- cover teacher
- Cover teacher
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job