A good Primary School in the North Leeds area are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant who is passionate about working with interactive and engaging children who can utilise and stretch their skill set in a Reception setting. As a TA you will be supporting pupils across a range of abilities as well as undertaking duties that free up a teachers time, such as preparing the classroom.
- Deliver tailored teaching activities to pupils on either a one-to-one basis or in small groups.
- Make sure that the pupils that you support are able to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity.
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues as necessary
- Manage challenging pupil behaviour.
- Guide and monitor pupil progress.
- Carry out administrative duties such as preparing classroom resource
- Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips.
- Help with extracurricular activity such as breakfast and after-school clubs, homework club, revision sessions or lunch-time duties.
- Co-ordinate specific areas of teaching support once you have the right level of experience.
- Provide pivotal support to the teacher and other support staff
- Ensure a safe and healthy place of learning for the children.
- Offer an approachable and helpful hand to the teacher with extra duties which they may need some assistance with.
The successful candidate will need to have a vibrant and organised approach to work; experience in a child based setting previously, can communicate effectively with both children and carers / parents and will be n honest and reliable worker!
This post is to start immediately and would ideally have applicants who are immediately available or on a short notice. Please feel free to apply and send your CV forward if you feel your experience and skill set is a match.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job