Our client has been supplying heating, cooling and air conditioning solutions to the Automotive industry for over 80 years, during the course of this business many systems were retrofitted to classic vehicles. From this over the past 10 years our client has diversified and gained a reputation as a specialist in restoration and upgrades of classic Jaguar E Types amongst many other models.
In order to fulfil their ever-growing workload, they are looking for an experienced Vehicle Technician who has a passion for Classic cars.
You will be will be responsible for full restoration of vehicles following the steps through from vehicle strip down, mechanical rebuild to final testing and completion.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Servicing and pre-MOT checking of classic vehicles and occasionally the company fleet of vehicles
- Whole vehicle mechanical maintenance
- Conduct restoration of exterior paintwork, body gaps, shut line and chrome trim
- Electrical fault diagnostics and rectification
- Repair/replace units of all sizes
- Paint spraying experience would be an advantage but not essential
Ideal characteristics, experience and qualifications:
- City and Guilds or NVQ in an automotive discipline is desirable
- Electrical and mechanical experience working with classic cars
- Full UK driving license and own transport
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety standards within the company
- Highly productive with an openness to additional hours if necessary
- Must be able to work unsupervised, as well as part of a team and plan work to meet deadlines
This role is offered to the right candidate on a salary of £28,000 - £32,000 PA
42.5 hours per week with the option for flexible working