We are looking to appoint an inspiring and talented qualified Class Teacher, NQT or experienced teacher looking for leadership opportunities, to join our outstanding academy.
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. Our vision of high expectations, creative learning, and mastery of teaching secured not only an outstanding Ofsted grade in July 2014 but also progress significantly above average in reading, writing and maths.
What we are looking for:
You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy being pro-active and working as part of a caring and hard working team. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start or continue their career in a rewarding new role.
We welcome applications from NQTs and experienced practitioners who will:
- Be committed to the highest achievement for all;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Support the maintenance of a dynamic and inspiring learning environment;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well as part of our team.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree to be considered for this role.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link for a full job description and person specification.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
- A supportive environment of excellent teachers and support staff
- Outstanding training opportunities for rapid development, particularly in science in 2017/8 including team teaching with an astrophysicist in all year groups.
- Opportunity for leadership - including 2-year middle and senior leadership programmes, and British Council overseas partnerships
- Enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated pupils
- A creative, enriched curriculum where science, ICT and arts matter
- Outstanding progress and outcomes for all children
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and pupils (all staff have their own iPad)
As an outstanding academy, we invest in our staff, offering a comprehensive induction programme to support the progress of your career. We have excellent systems, a creative curriculum and a clear vision for continued excellence.
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park works within the wider Harris Federation, a supportive and highly successful group of 44 academies all based in and around London. Each academy operates autonomously within the Federation, but all Harris academies collaborate closely in sharing school improvement strategies and in supporting one another.
For further information about the position, or to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Lenka Reeve, Office Manager, on or email .uk.
Are you an Aspiring Middle Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We can offer you the opportunity to gain your NPQML, a qualification that provides a national recognition of your leadership development and professional achievement as a middle leader. Find out more www.harristeachingschool.com
For NQTs, we provide our highly successful Harris Federation NQT programme where you will train alongside other NQTs from across the Federation. This enables aspiring teachers to support and learn from each other, in the true collaborative spirit of Harris. There is a structure of support and challenge with customised professional learning, and every NQT has a professional mentor.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job