You are expected to operate the shunt vehicle safely, correctly and efficiently while maintaining a strict clean-as-you-go policy at all times. You are expected to carry out shunting trailers as well as strapping them down as and when required. Communication is essential and you are expected to start and end with a clear accurate shift handover to ensure everyone is aware of any problems being encountered.
Main Responsibilities & Accountability:
- You are required to follow company health and safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
- Following training and when competent to do so you are expected to operate the shunt vehicle and strap trailers when necessary.
- You are expected always to put safety first and when you are unsure you are expected to seek to understand first.
- To ensure a consistent approach you are expected to follow operating procedures.
- You are expected to keep accurate records of shunt vehicle checks and trailer weights/movements.
- You are expected to operate clean-as-you-go standards in line with the 5S methodology, 'A place for everything & everything in its place to ensure overall efficiency in the workplace.
- In order to keep warehouse downtime to a minimum you are expected to keep detailed records and report any issues concisely and correctly to the Team Leader.
- You are expected to conduct regular checks to ensure the shunt vehicle is in good working order.
- To ensure a full understanding when arriving and leaving shift, you are expected to give a handover report at the end of shift and receive a handover at the start of shift.
- You are expected to participate in any project or process improvement, taking a lead on identifying improvements and playing a key role in implementing any resultant changes.
- You are expected to liaise closely with other shift workers to maintain standards and drive improvements.
- You are expected to actively participate and give input to several team and individual projects, including, Staff Council and Health & Safety.
- Anything else commensurate to complete your role as Shunter Driver.
Qualifications, skills, ability and/or experience:
- A high regard for health and safety standards with an understanding of H&S regulations.
- A good level of spoken & written English.
- Able to communicate with peers and colleagues.
- Level headed under pressure.
- Have a reasonable level of fitness.
- Able to demonstrable previous understanding of operational planning, continuous process, quality systems and Health & Safety.
- IT literacy: proficiency in the basic functions of MS Office Word
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job