Gi Group are looking for additional drivers for the East Riding of Yorkshire Council for the Winter Services Gritting Season
The depots are located in Beverley, Market Weighton, Hedon and Carnaby.
Applicants must be able to reach one of these locations within approximately 30 minutes of being called out
The winter period typically extends between October to April however this is subject to seasonal changes and weather patterns.
A 3 Day Paid Training/Assesment will be carried out on dates 19th, 20th and 21st August
25th, 26th and 27th August ,2nd, 3rd and 4th September to select the succsesfull candidates
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package. There is also the opportunity to gain a City and Guilds 6159 Winter Maintenance qualification.
We are looking for some Route Drivers and a number of Spare drivers who will be on 1 week and off the next. Standby Payment is £14.59 per day Monday to Friday £21.85 per day Saturday and Sunday. If you are called out for a gritting run the payment for this is £61.71 on top of the daily standby payment.
We are looking for spare drivers who will work 1 week on 1 week off on rest. You are not able to use your Tacho card for other work on your week on but can on your rest week. This often suits people who are self employed or who have a second job that does not involve a Tacho
The ideal driver will have:
* LGV Cat C (HGV Class 2) licence
* Digital Tachograph Card
* Full CPC with Driver Qualification Card to support
* No more than 6 points on their licence (for insurance purposes)
* No DD/DR endorsements (for insurance purposes)
* No commercial experience required, new drivers welcome
This role will involve:
* Driving gritting vehicles to spread salt on the highway (with a snow plough fitted during adverse weather conditions) during both normal working hours and out of hours.
* Standby rota (paid) alternating with 1 week on and one week on rest.
* You may undertake 'other work' during your set week off, this can be sourced through Gi Group and may involve providing holiday cover or being placed on paid standby. You may alternatively find 'other work' yourself provided you remain compliant with relevant legislation.
* Winter duties include loading, driving and cleaning the vehicle.
Monday to Friday Route Drivers
* Shift 1 - 16:00 to 00:00
* Shift 2 - 00:00 to 08:00
* Shift 3 - on rest
* Shift 1 - 12:00 to 00:00
* Shift 2 - 00:00 to 12:00
Payments are made for being on standby and additional payments are made for each callout of 4.5 hours.
To apply please call Tom Hill on and send CV
Drivers & logistics professionals wanted for temporary & permanent vacancies text "DRIVER" before your name, location and driving licence category to 88802
- Class 2
- Winter Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'