Class 2 HIAB Driver
Connect Appointments are currently looking for a Class 2 HIAB driver/Warehouse Op for our client based in Newcastle area
We are currently recruiting for a Class 2 Hiab/Warehouse op for our client in the Newcastle Area.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 07:30 to 17:00 and every other Sat 08:00 to 12:00
Applicants must have the following;
- 2 years experience
- Min of 5 points and over 25 for insurance purposes.
- NO DR/DD/CD/IN/TT Codes.
Experienced Cat C Driver required for expanding builders merchant based in Newburn and North Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne.
The job involves loading and offloading building materials using a vehicle-mounted grab crane. The candidate must be qualified to drive 12-26 tonne rigids. Occasional van deliveries with manual offloading.
In this role you will be responsible for multi drop deliveries to customers in the surrounding area, providing top quality customer service. Knowledge of the building industry will be an advantage. In addition to your driving duties we would expect you to be flexible and assist with yard/warehouse duties should the need arise.
- Loading and offloading building materials onto company vehicles.
- Usually using vehicle-mounted grab crane but occasionally manual unloading on flatbed or van.
- Commitment to high standards and customer service.
- Completion of daily vehicle checks and responsibility for ensuring delivery operations area carried out in accordance with legal requirements and good industry practice.
- Picking stock for customers and assisting in the loading of materials onto their vehicle.
- Develop relationships with customers by providing a friendly and helpful service at all times.
- Maintain accurate records and carry out regular stock take activities.
- Safe use of fork lift truck to handle stock.
- Full responsibility for tidiness and cleanliness of the company vehicles.
- Manage the safety, security and roadworthiness of the vehicles.
- Assisting on the trade counter during busy times by serving customers.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Class 2 licence
- Valid CPC
- Valid Digital Tachograph
- Valid Hiab Grab Licence
Person Specification Essential:
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible approach in order to adapt to changing priorities
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- A positive attitude and willingness to help out in all areas
- Open and friendly, able to chat easily with customers
- Fork lift truck qualifications
- Building Knowledge
- Competitive salary
- 28 day's holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Performance related bonus schemes
- Staff discount
- Annual pay reviews
This will lead to Full time employment for the right candidate. - Full time salary will be discussed at interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'