Class 2 Driver
£43,800 per annum Plus Benefits including Pension, BUPA Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 20 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business that truly puts safety at the heart of everything it does and has big plans for the future.
Our client is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. They are now looking for a Class 2 Driver to join their team and help them to continue to do things the right way.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering excellent performance, they supply premium cooking oils and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. They offer the human touch with local, community-based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance they get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to their H&S culture and help us maintain our reputation for operational excellence.
As a Class 2 Driver based in the Erith depot, you will be a fundamental part of the team, enabling our client to continue with their mission to serve the planet, a purpose they care strongly about and are committed to.
Why join our client?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help them to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- They’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- They provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride themselves on promoting from within
- Help them achieve even more amazing things
What is expected of each other?
- That each act like owners of this growing business
- You collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be - especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
- You are committed to making food sustainable and ensuring that nothing is wasted so our client encourages their colleagues to come forward with their ideas
- Focus on the things that matter and approach every situation proactively and with agility
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- You’ll provide a friendly, professional service and ensure that customers enjoy a first-class experience
- Visiting catering establishments and other customers, you will spend some days delivering bins and collecting food waste and other days delivering premium cooking oil and collecting used cooking oil
- As well as using state-of-the-art handheld technology to record your volumes, you will also be responsible for keeping your modern vehicle clean
What is our client looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but they don’t expect you to have everything from the start! They will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp their business and take them forward.
Our client will be looking for:
- A class 2 driving licence without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and no more than 6 points
- Experience with digital tacho cards and customer-facing experience
- Ideal candidates will have experience in a multi drop, delivery or collection role
- Experience in the waste industry would also be beneficial, as would a CPC qualification, but they are happy to help with this!
As the role can involve moving and carrying weights in excess of 20kg, our client will provide manual handling training and medical screening to the successful candidate.
To apply for the role of Class 2 Driver, please apply via the button shown.
Additional Keywords: Class 2 Driver, Multi-Drop, Multi-Drop Driver, LGV Driver, C+E Driver, LGV C Driver, C Licence, C+E Licence, Delivery Driver, Multi-Drop Delivery Driver, Light Goods Vehicle, HGV Driver, Goods Vehicle Driver, Class II Driver, Tanker Driver.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'