A brief job description & requirements are as follows;
- Monday to Saturday (Saturdays or Mondays off when required for Weekly tachograph rest periods).
- Early starts, ranging from 02:30 onwards, occasional earlier starts required, but very rare.
- All local deliveries, with some need for small amount of handball at some drops, and use of a pallet truck for tail lift deliveries.
- Minimum 6 months experience, however, limited experience candidates would be considered for a candidate with the right attitude.
- All trucks are manual gearboxes at the moment, so being able to drive six speed a manual gearbox is a necessity (believe it or not, we have had agency drivers turn up & had to go home as they couldn’t drive a manual).
- Good knowledge of tachograph & WTD hours.
- Good geographical knowledge of Yorkshire, Lancashire & The Midlands.
- Due to the nature of the fresh produce & the wholesale business, a lot of our deliveries are time sensitive, so excellent time keeping skills are a must.
- All trucks go out on an initial run, from their start time, and then have to return & reload for additional local deliveries.
- 28 days holiday incl. Bank holidays (NOTE: Good Friday is a working day for us)
- Company uniform provided
- A flexible approach to working hours is a necessity. We do not have set finish times.
- Salary of £450 per week (Based on 48 hours).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'