Abels Moving Services is one of the United Kingdoms leading International Removals companies providing removals and logistics related services to private and corporate clients. The holder of the Royal Warrant for Removals & Storage services Abels are renowned for quality and reliability.
The company is currently recruiting for the role of Driver Heavy Goods Class 2 at our Ely and Brandon operations. This is a full time and permanent position
Position: Class 2 Driver
Location: Ely Cambridgeshire / Brandon Suffolk
Normal days & hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 0500- 17.00
- Hours can vary +/- depending on the job being performed.
- Occasional Saturdays are required
Rate of pay:
- £ 8.60 to 9.25 per hour(dependant on experience) with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Time and a half after 50 hours worked
Main responsibilities include:
- Professional and safe driving of a heavy goods vehicle
- Be an ambassador for the company on the road in all you do
- Packing of personal possessions
- Accurate and timely completion of paperwork
- Safe loading and unloading of vehicles
- Can communicate well with customers and colleagues
- Must be fluent in reading and writing in the English Language
- Full C+E driving Licence
- Prior driving experience..
- Handling of household and personal effects would be an advantage (but not essential).
- Skills in assembling flat pack furniture. But not essential.
- Reliable, with excellent time keeping
- physically fit & healthy
- enthusiastic and motivated team player
- Willing to be flexible in assisting the company to deliver a quality service to its clients.
- Can take and adhere to written and verbal instructions
- An attention to detail is essential
- Good communication skills
- In house training
- Career development opportunities
- Uniform provided
- Staff parking available on site
- 20 days paid holiday + 8 bank holiday s
- Overtime available at enhanced rates
- Tips from customer on a job well done
- UK and European travel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job