Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Class 2 Driver to be based in our Distribution Site in Prologis.
As a Class 2 Driver you will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of customer orders in accordance with agreed requirements, whilst ensuring adherence to company policy, procedure and relevant road transport legislation.
- Load customer orders onto vehicle in accordance with route sheets, ensuring that any discrepancies are recorded on the shortage sheet and notified to the Shift Supervisor prior to leaving the Depot
- Deliver customer orders in line with agreed requirements, e.g. delivery time and location
- Maintain professional levels of customer service at all times
- Undertake regular vehicle maintenance checks (including cleaning of vehicle, oil and water checks), recording and reporting as necessary
- Communicate regularly with the distribution and customer services teams in respect of all delivery issues as they occur
- Drive responsibly at all times and ensure adherence to all company policies, procedures and relevant road transport legislation
- Understand and adhere to customer requirements and security in respect of out of hour store deliveries, e.g., method of entry and exit, alarm codes, key security and product placement
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed on time as requirements
- Ensure PPE and correct Uniform is worn while on duty
This role is a full-time, working 48 hours per week. The shift pattern is 5 on 3 off, with start times from 04:30 onwards.
We are also interested if you are looking for part-time work, please can you state on your application/CV.
The ideal candidate
- Essential - HGV, Class 2 License
- Commercial driving experience
- No driving accidents within last 12 months
- UK or EU Driving license with no more than 3 penalty points
- No previous driving under the influence of insurance related convictions
- Knowledge of highway code
- Numerical understanding to cross reference loads with paperwork
- Flexible attitude to work
- Must be fit for night working
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, £12.03 per hour
- 28 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free Lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service