PERMANENT ROLE - £25,500PA - 4 Days on 3 days off - 48 hour week
We are looking for Class 2 and 7.5T drivers who possess a passion for delivering customer satisfaction, have a positive attitude and are willing to go the extra mile.
In this role you will work in a two-man team on a 4 on 3 off rota to deliver a first class home delivery service for our prestigious client.
Delivering directly to customers ensuring a positive customer experience is delivered each time. You will always strive to exceed the customer expectations building an innovative, effective and respected relationship.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation/fitting of their furniture.
- Construct furniture items in customer's homes as per our customer contract guidelines, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal.
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times.
- Complete all internal stock transfers in order to maximise vehicle utilisation.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey.
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation.
- Ensure correct completion of tachographs in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements.
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure.
- Drive the vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations.
- Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times.
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified.
Experience and Qualifications
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone.
- Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines.
- Previous work experience in assembly or fitting operations.
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations. such as accidents or traffic jams.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask to make up for lost time in the event of delays in delivery.
- Due to the nature of the role heavy lifting is essential therefore the successful applicant must be able physically fit to safely carry and assemble furniture in customer's homes.
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail.
- A great team player.
- Full UK Driving Licence and possess a 7.5 or Class 2 licence
- In date CPC desirable however the qualification can be obtained during employment
- Ideally must hold an in date Tachograph / Digi card
If you feel that you have what it takes to support us in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- Class 2
- delivery driver
- lgv home delivery