As a Class 1 Driver, your driving duties will require you to collect chickens from the farms and to deliver it safely to the factory at Brackley whilst adhering to transport regulations and Animal Welfare requirements. You will have a flexible approach to start times and be able to work well within a team.
Main Responsibilities of a Class 1 Driver:
- Correctly complete your driver envelopes with start and finish times as well POA and ‘Other work’ details
- You must ensure that you update your work record by completing manual entries when you enter your digital card into a digital tachygraph. You must also ensure that your digital tachograph card is downloaded daily in the office when possible.
- You must never drive a vehicle on the public highway without a tachograph chart or card being inserted into the vehicle.
- Correctly complete a pre-op check of the vehicle and report any defects using the agreed procedure.
- Correctly complete all necessary paperwork associated with the work you have undertaken correctly (weighbridge slips, poultry transport certificates etc).
- Collections of livestock from several farms as set out by the daily catching plan and deliver it safely to Brackley.
- Ensure security of the load and good welfare of the birds at all times.
- Maintain Communication with the factory with regard to delays.
Essential skills of a Class 1 Driver:
- Hold a current and valid driver’s license
- Hold a current CPC
- Hold a Digi Tacho Card
- Less than 9 Points
- A minimum of 2 years driving experience
- Good knowledge of driver regulations
Working hours for a Class 1 Driver are rolling starts between 15:30 & 05:30 on a Sunday – Thursday shift.
Avara Foods is committed to beung an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job