Job Title: HGV Class 1 Driver
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 per annum (performance related)
Class 1 Drivers, summer is well-and-truly over and I`m looking to be your festive cheer!
If you are an experienced Class 1 Driver then let me be your Christmas Spirit! I currently have a permanent, full time vacancy available in Lockerbie for professional HGV Drivers who are looking for tramping/nights out shifts in a role that offers a fresh challenge and an extremely appealing pay packet!
As my golden candidate you will have an impressive background in Class 1 Driving and be flexible with shift patterns and start times. You will act as a company ambassador in front of clients whilst adhering to health and safety regulations and driver hours legislation at all times.
You will be responsible for using specialist equipment including Walking Floors, Chip Liners and Bulk Tippers so this is a great opportunity for you to develop your skills and build a career within a hugely successful organisation.
Full training is provided along with stability, career progression and an amazing team behind you, however you will be required to have recent experience in driving Class 1 vehicles.
- Route planning and selection
- Communicate effectively with Planners and Operations to ensure smooth running of the operation
- Supervise the delivery of the loads
- Complete relevant paperwork regarding the loads
- Ensure the loads are evenly distributed throughout the trailers and do not breach and GVW for the relevant vehicle
- Carry out pre work vehicle checks as per company policies
- Report any faults swiftly and accurately as per the company procedure
- Adhere to Drivers Hours Regulations and Working Time Directive at all times
- Drive courteously and respectfully at all times
- Remain up to date with current legislation
- Uphold the company brand image, including uniform/vehicle cleanliness and standards at all times
- Follow training that has been given by the employer, e.g. Safe systems of work etc.
- Possess a full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence with a maximum of 6 penalty points
- Full CPC and Digital Tachograph card
- Be flexible to complete varying shift patterns including nights out
- Live within reasonable travelling distance to the depot
- Adhere to all EU Drivers' hours rules and regulation
- Be physically active due to the demanding nature of the role
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels towards both customers and colleagues
- Have a good geographic knowledge of the UK road network
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, willing to learn and be of a smart appearance
- Uphold the company brand image, including uniform/vehicle cleanliness, at all times
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to round-off the summer with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don`t want to miss out!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.