PERMANENT ROLE - Monday to Friday - Nights - £11.93ph + Shift / overtime premiums
We are seeking qualified Class 1 drivers to join our team working for a well known Home store.
Shifts will be contracted at 46 hours a week, however a average working day is 10 hours.
Starting any time between 16.00 - 00.00 and different start times daily.
Starting after 22:00 Friday (Part of the working week) = £3.98ph extra for that entire shift.
Extra shift 00:01 Monday to 21:59 Friday = £15.91ph (Minimum 8hrs guaranteed)
Extra shift 22:00 Friday to 23:59 Saturday = £17.90ph (Minimum 8hrs Guaranteed)
Extra Shift 00:01 Sunday to 23:59 Sunday = £20.88ph (Minimum 8hrs Guaranteed)
The role -
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers' products, servicing the General Merchandise sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately, and that use of any point of delivery technology is used with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business, and willing to spend nights away from base when required.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Must have valid in date Class 1 licence
- Must have valid in date CPC
- Must hold Digital tachograph card
- Must not have more than 6 points on licence
- Right to work in the UK - Passport or Full Birth Certificate
- Experience of retail driving preferred
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness skills
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work
- Must have a good geographical knowledge
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, safety equipment, Wilko discount card, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support us in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- Class 1
- general haulage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job