PERMANENT ROLE - 45 HOURS WEEK - £13.70p.h
We are looking to recruit Class 1 Drivers to support our growing team at our award winning British catalogue retailer operating in Basildon.
- Contracted to 45 hours a week with the potential of overtime when required.
- You will be delivering to stores in the London, East and South East area, a good knowledge of London would be an advantage.
- Deliveries can consist of 2-3 stores on a load and drivers could be expected to deliver 2 loads per shift.
- Working a 4 and 5 out of 7 on a rotating pattern rota, this includes weekend working with a choice of start bands ranging from early morning to late evening.
· You will be required to accurately and efficiently complete delivery of stock within timescales set.
· You will ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and in line with legislation.
· You will attend any relevant training as required to ensure you remain fully equipped to perform your role effectively and to assist in the development of continuous improvement.
· You will be responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices and the Health & Safety at Work Act.
· You will report any accident or damage to any equipment or machinery.
· You will be multi dropping deliveries to stores.
· You will be using tail lifts and handling roll cages
Experience & Qualifications
· You MUST hold a valid in date Class 1 licence
· You MUST hold a valid in date CPC licence.
· You MUST hold a Digi Card
· You MUST not have more than 6 points on your licence
· Minimum licence held for at least 12 months
· Commercial driving experience is desirable
· You must be fully flexible in relation to shifts and duties
· You need to be able to ensure correct and accurate completion of documentation in line with legislative and company policies and procedures.
· You must be able to provide a time critical delivery service in line with site KPI's including fuel efficiency.
· Applicants will also undergo a driving and medical assessment.
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. It is therefore imperative that the successful applicant be physically fit.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include 60% off staff shop, 29 days' holiday, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join.
If you feel that you have what it takes to support us in delivering the best service, we would love to hear from you.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- Class 1
- general haulage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job