Class 1 General Haulage
Permanent Role available with immediate and January starts
Days & Nights shifts available
Based in Portbury
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up opportunities for professional drivers who are looking to be part of a successful team.
Vacancies have arisen for LGV C + E Drivers within our General Haulage network in Portbury.
Work consists of delivering well known products and General Haulage goods.
- Monday - Friday but site can accommodate Sunday - Thursday if required
- To advise the depot of any problems, changes to schedule etc.
- To ensure the organisation and accurate completion of all related paperwork.
- To participate in driver de-brief sessions at the end of each shift.
- To ensure compliance with all transport driver legislation and with company and site policies and procedures.
- To avoid stock damage in line with company and site procedures.
- To undertake the necessary training in order to carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- To ensure that all training (especially related to Health and Safety) is adhered to at all times.
- To appropriately report any personal injury, accident or damage to any equipment, Machinery, premises or stock.
- To be flexible in the undertaking of your duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function.
- To contribute towards the improvement of processes/methods of operating practices.
- Ensure you are the driving force behind delivering exceptional customer service.
Experience & Qualifications
- Applicants will require to have a C + E Licence and full CPC
- You will need to be enthusiastic, reliable, helpful and organised.
- Flexibility and the will to learn new skills and to undertake new challenges.
- You will have a proactive and committed approach towards all aspects of the job and ensure high standards in health and safety, customer service and legal compliance are met and exceeded.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join.
These are just some of the reasons which make our client a great place to work!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- Class 1
- Long haul
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job