My client is looking for a Class 1 and a Class 2 Driver based in Corby.
To drive and operate vehicles and plant to the greatest profitability and efficiency according to instructions from the Traffic Office, having regard to:
- Relations with customers and staff.
- Legal requirements regarding hours, highway regulations, permits and legislation indicated by line management.
- Complying with relevant work instructions as indicated by line management.
- Security of vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Maintenance of satisfactory records.
- Safety of people, equipment, plant and vehicles.
- You must remain aware at all times of your responsibilities for your own Health and Safety, for the Health and Safety of those directly responsible to you, your work colleagues and any others who may be effected by the operations under your responsibility or control. You must ensure that at all times the correct PPE is worn. Please refer to the Health and Safety Policy for further details on your specific responsibilities.
- You must adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures (including but not limited to) those specified in the Employment Handbook, H&S Policy, EMS System, IMS System, Management Guide and any financial/accounting systems.
- Apart from the duties summarised in your Role Profile, the company reserve the right to include other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
- Receive instructions from the Traffic Office regarding jobs to be done and carry them out efficiently in accordance with the law and the best interests of the customers and the Company.
- Pass to the Traffic Office any factors affecting operations, observed or commented upon by customers making any suggestions which may improve efficiency or service.
- Use the correct equipment for the job and see that it is maintained correctly.
- Ensure the legal requirements are complied with by following the work instructions provided and procedures as indicated by line management.
- Complete work ticket for every job ensuring that the necessary information is recorded fully and legibly.
- Submit all documents daily to the Traffic Office or as indicated by line management.
- Take all necessary precautions for the safety of people, vehicles and plant as per Health and Safety legislation. If in doubt on any aspect ask the Traffic Office, or the Unit Manager, for guidance.
- Complete daily timesheets of work carried out and enter legibly and fully all the information required.
- Carry out driver's maintenance correctly, at the correct intervals, and report all vehicle equipment/container faults immediately by the approved system.
- Report any accident affecting vehicles, equipment, self or third parties to the Traffic Office at once. Admit no liability whatever to third parties. Complete necessary forms fully. Report as soon as possible impending prosecutions of self to the Traffic Office immediately.
- Whilst accepting general working instructions from the Traffic Office, the Unit Manager's instructions on all technical aspects and detailing on specific jobs will be accepted.
- Hold a full current driving licence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Thorough knowledge of current legislation of LGV vehicles.
Compaction Vehicles, Hook Lift Vehicle operations, Skip Vehicles, wagon & drag
To be able to follow management instructions.
Good communication skills.
Trained on Compaction vehicles, Hook Lift Vehicles, Skip Loaders. Tail-lift box vehicles wagon & drag
Experience of driving LGV vehicles in a commercial environment.
Working within the waste industry.
Working in a customer service role
Salary: £22,068 + paid overtime. 40 hours/week.
Full Driving Licence.
LGV Class C or C +E licence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job