Class 1 ADR Vacuum Tanker Driver
Location: Kirkby, Liverpool
Salary: £10.50 per hour + O/T
Monday to Friday 07.30 – 16.00 + Overtime as required
Our client is one of the largest providers of industrial services, such as liquid waste removal; hazardous waste removal; and bulk powder removal. They are a national company with depots from Plymouth to Berwick-Upon-Tweed.
Main Duties of the Class 1 ADR Vacuum Tanker Driver:
- Uplifting, transporting and disposing of bulk industrial chemicals, ranging from waste water, chemical bi-products, acidic and alkali liquids, Sludge’s and powders.
- To act as an ambassador on behalf of the Company; ensuring that the client is treated courteously and respectfully and that their requirements are complied with, where safe to do so and under the authority of your Operations Manager.
- To comply with all Traffic Laws and Tachograph Legislation. You will also be required to undertake the necessary daily vehicle and safety checks.
- Carry out duties according to the schedule and ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately and handed in daily/weekly along with all other Vehicle Defect sheets and fuel receipts
- Due to the types of hazardous waste, you will be Health & Safety conscious and any issues will be reported back to the Operations Manager at the earliest convenience.
- To wear the correct safety equipment/PPE at all times and to follow RAMS where necessary.
- Where RAMS documents are provided the driver holds full responsibility for reading, understanding and signing such documents.
- You will be required to operate any company vehicle to which you are suitably required to undertake, in a safe and appropriate manner, in compliance with Company policies.
- You may be required to undertake other duties as directed by the Operations Manager. These duties will include working as an operative; cleaning up spillages, high pressure water jetting, cleaning tanker barrels, etc.
Requirements of the Class 1 ADR Vacuum Tanker Driver:
- Possess a LGV Class 1 driving licence
- Possess a valid ADR licence (7 classes in tanks)
- Possess a Digital Tacho card
- Driver CPC qualification
- IOSH working safely qualification**
- Possess a CCNSG Passport to safety card**
- Experience in operating a vacuum tanker
- You must be able to work using own initiative and have good communication skills
- You will be expected to have a flexible approach to working hours, i.e. start and finish times, also including nights out and emergency call outs.
**Essential but may be achieved post-employment
- Experience of working in Industrial Services
Benefits of becoming theClass 1 ADR Vacuum Tanker Driver:
- 20 Days + Bank/Public Holidays
- Company pension plus company bonus scheme
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Class 1 ADR Vacuum Tanker Driver role then please apply now!