Team Support are offering the exciting opportunity for an experienced Clamp Truck Driver to join our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet. The right candidate will have a Counterbalance forklift with paper roll clamp attachment license and proven experience of driving a clamp truck in a busy environment. They must be a hardworking, dedicated and reliable individual who is flexible and willing to learn and take on new skills.
Due to the nature of the role you must be physically fit and flexible in your approach to work and tasks.
Duties for the role will include:
• responsible for ensuring that the corrugator is consistently fed with paper reels according to the running order planned by the scheduling dept;
• responsible for ensuring that the clamp truck they are driving is in a safe working condition, all pre drive checks have been carried out and recorded and trucks are being driven with due care and attention at all times during your shift;
• responsible for seeing that reels of paper are delivered to the corry wet end in time for them to be prepared for up-coming jobs; • responsible for booking reels on/off the computer system when taken and returned to warehouse;
• responsible for helping unload the reel lorries if time to aid the quick turnaround of these vehicles on site; • helping out on corry wet end when required due to paper breakouts and staff t-breaks;
• covering lunch breaks and overtime as and when required by your Manager;
• ensuring all exits/fire exits are kept clear and accessible at all times.
Key Requirements for the role:
• Counterbalance forklift with paper roll clamp attachment license and proven experience of driving a clamp truck in a busy environment is essential (please do not apply if you are not qualified for this position)
• able to speak English (to a standard);
• physically fit;
• willing to work shifts;
• willing to learn;
• hard working;
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job