An excellent opportunity has now arisen in one of our clients desktop handling teams within their Cardiff office. They are seeking an individual with specialist experience of the Consumer Credit Act, primarily handling consumer claims but those with general and travel insurance experience will be considered.
The role will involve working within an experienced team of technical claims technicians, dealing with your own claims from FNOL to settlement. A majority of the claims will be of varying value and complexity so you will need to have the necessary skills and knowledge to settle (within your authority) or to pass the more complex cases on to other departments when necessary.
You will already be able to demonstrate excellent communication and listening skills, combined with the ability to impart information and maintain accurate data. You will also have proven skills in developing and maintaining close working relationships, both internally and externally.
Although part of a team, the role will require you to work independently, so the ability to use your own initiative to drive claims from new instruction to conclusion is imperative.
Most importantly, you will be able to put yourself in our clients customer's shoes, see the full picture and have the ability to make decisions based on the facts, treating all claims on their individual merits. You will deal with a caseload of primarily commercial property desktop claims, and as such you need the ability, confidence and background knowledge to make the right decisions on each claim. This is a great opportunity for those looking for career advancement covering a diverse and interesting range of claims.
You will have/will be:
- Negotiation skills
- Report and letter writing
- Excellent communication skills with both Customers and Clients
- Prioritise workload effectively
- Experience of dealing with consumer claims
- The ability to work on your own initiative and take ownership of your own caseload of claims
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with our customers, to promote customer satisfaction during all stages of the claim.
- Understanding and empathy throughout
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Progress toward or intention to become Cert / Dip CII qualified
- Customer Service
- Travel Insurance
- Commercial Property Claims
- Consumer Credit Act
- Consumer Claims
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job