Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.7 million customers and employing over 3000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester.
We now have opportunities in our claims department in Bexhill. As a Claims Motor Engineer you will provide engineering experience that can be felt by colleagues and customers alike. Ensuring we have sufficient control of costs your positive & fair approach to customers and colleagues will deliver a straightforward outcome.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Review all vehicle damage repair estimates presented consistently and in a timely manner.
- To investigate & challenge repair estimates where appropriate, ensuring adequate cost control is in place whilst achieving best customer & commercial outcomes
- Constructively support, investigate and challenge external engineering assessors ensuring the right customer & commercial outcomes are achieved first time
- Support, review and undertake appropriate audit actions on suppliers when required
- Help to grow our Engineering capability through identifying opportunities to continuously improve skills, knowledge & processes.
- Ensure you remain updated on any relevant subject matter, achieving suitable qualifications/standing in your professional field of expertise
- Ensure the relevant claims systems & supplier portals are kept up to date, following internal reserving philosophies and ensuring that system data accurately reflects the current or known position.
In order to be considered for this role you will have/be:
- Proven experience within the Motor industry with either bodywork or mechanical knowledge.
- Must have experience of using Audatex and Glassmatix estimating systems.
- Claims handling experience (Household and/or Motor) desirable
- Previous audit experience.
- Membership of the IMI
- Working knowledge of claims IT systems (IS2000/Guidewire).
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary along with up to 5% annual bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, life assurance, along with Hastings Direct discounts and reward schemes, with the opportunity to progress and develop your career.
If this sounds like you then please don't hesitate and apply today!