Duties for the successful candidate:
• To provide an excellent service in the regulation of claims management businesses across England and Wales.
• To maintain records in accordance with corporate and departmental policies.
• Ensure IT processes are maintained to provide an effective authorisation system.
• To plan and carry out investigations, surveys and research into claims management issues and deals with issues of non-compliance effectively.
• Work with businesses providing advice and constructive ways of complying with legislative requirements.
• To provide information both statistical and narrative for the completion of return and reports identifying non compliance issues.
• To maintain systems for the receipt, analysis, allocation and investigation of complaints.
• Work with persons from within and outside the Council to ensure that the policies and priorities of Council are met.
• To raise awareness of the regulation of claims management and promote the interests of consumers.
• To undertake in-service training as required.
• Undertake any other duties required by management which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Qualifications/ Professional Memberships:
• An appropriate qualification to Diploma level or equivalent experience in this area of work.
• GCSE English and Maths grade C or above
Knowledge and Experience:
• Legal and / or enforcement knowledge and / or experience
• Experience in a regulatory service / business compliance
• Ability to deliver to Quality Assurance Standards
• Ability to write reports
• Practical application of windows based systems and databases
• Commitment to raising standards of business compliance, particularly amongst Claims Management Companies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Research skills
• To work as part of a team
• Ability to record information accurately
• To be able to use own initiative
• Be prepared to work flexibly in order to meet operational demands
• Be prepared to travel regularly throughout England and Wales
• A commitment to equal opportunities, anti-discriminatory practice and social inclusion
• This post is designated as a casual car user
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Claims Management Officer Role, then please apply online or call the office on to discuss this opportunity further.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job