Claims Handling Administrator -Permanent-Bristol- £17-21K DOE
Claims Handling Administrator
£17-21,000 (Depending on Experience) Plus Excellent Benefits
The Claims Handling team provides an outsources managed claims service handling professional indemnity schemes on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels. The team provides significant value to the wider law firm through the provision of referrals and is an important aspect of the firm's insurance business and future strategy.
The desire is to build the team and proactively expand the scope of its fixed fee work across claims handling schemes and books of defendant PI work, by obtaining new business and contracts, whilst also consolidating and strengthening the relationships with our existing clients.
Claims Handling is a unique team which works closely with the legal teams and clients to provide an outsourced managed claims service. Working with the team leader and other team members, you will be responsible for completing administrative tasks which are vital for excellent service and efficient delivery of our service. Collectively, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team for the future, embedding principles of lean and efficient working, and establishing the culture, values and behaviours that make for an attractive and varied legal career.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- File opening, closing and all associated processes
- Conflict checking
- System set up and data input
- Producing claims prints and extracting relevant data reports
- Management of a centralised mailbox
- General administrative support for the team
- Updating case management systems
- Updating finance logs
- Dealing with invoices
- Booking travel tickets and accommodation for the team.
- Compliance with all internal and external SLAs
- Executing your tasks reliably, consistently, efficiently.
- Be organised and able to multi-task. Pay attention to detail and take pride in accurate work.
- Ensure that relevant data and MI is collected and recorded accurately, kept up to date and reported appropriately (e.g. via excel spread sheets and bordereaux).
- Learn to use the technology needed for your job; be keen to learn and master new systems and develop the ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
- Learn and understand the team's core processes, including: matter opening (EAC-RAM processes, conflict checking, AML checks); engagement letters; data capture; billing; file closure; archiving etc. Understand how these processes fit together and their implications for each other.
- Contribute to process improvement, continually seeking to improve ways of working using process and technology.
Attributes & experience required:
- A minimum of 2 year's experience as an Administrator
- Keen attention to detail
- Organised and efficient
- Interested in process and technology
- Commercially aware, with a good grasp of what clients want and how they fit into the process
- A confident person, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated, needing little supervision
- Commitment - willingness to turn a hand to whatever tasks are needed to meet the team's aims
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations
- Self-starting and able to self-manage effectively.
- Previous experience of data entry
- Strong customer service, telephone and client facing skills
- Extensive knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstration of working under process.
- Previous experience of working in a law firm / professional services business
- Involvement in process design / improvement projects
- Experience of case management systems.
Current benefits package:
In additional to offering a competitive salary, the firm currently offers the benefits listed below. Of course, these may change from time-to-time. We will provide an interactive document for the successful candidate in our offer.
- 25 days of annual leave with the option to apply annually to flex by either buying or selling some of your entitlement (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (following completion of probationary period)
- Group personal pension (via salary sacrifice)
- Income protection
- Discretionary bonuses
- My Family Care
- Private medical insurance (personal)
- Confidential employee assistance programme
- Health screenings
- A range of sports and clubs
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee bar
- Enhanced family leave
- Access to a range of special firm discounts
- Eye tests
- Bike racks, lockers and shower rooms
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Giving via payroll for tax-free donations to charity
If you have the skills and experience required for this fantastic new role, please click apply today!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"