We are looking for a Senior Claims Handler / Coordinator for our client in the City of London. You will be responsible for providing customer service and administrative support in relation to repairs being carried out on properties following an insurance claim. You will be working as the main point of contact for the policyholder, liaising between the insurance company, the surveyor, contracts manager and the repair network.
Our client is looking for someone with experience in coordinating property repairs following an insurance claim, ideally you will have gained this experience working for a contractor, claims management company or loss adjuster. Your initial training will be conducted in the office but after completion of probation period there be the opportunity to work from home 2/3 days per week.
Job role and responsibilities
As a Claims Handler / Repairs Coordinator you will work as part of a team providing support to the Surveyor / Contracts Manager and policyholders through the repairs project.
The role will include:
- Ensuring claims are managed from initial notification through to completion
- Speaking to the policyholder and preparing files/reports for each job
- Scheduling required surveyor or relevant tradesmen/contractor appointments to attend site
- Liaising with the customer/policyholder and relevant third parties by telephone & email
- Allocating work to the appropriate trades
- Ordering materials as required for delivery to site
- Ensuring databases/spreadsheets are maintained accurately and claim progress is recorded
- Effectively communicating with other members of the business, clients and field-based staff/sub-contractors to ensure good working relationships are maintained
What skills/experience will you need?
- Buildings/Property Insurance Claim experience (ideally gained within a building contractor/Claims Management environment
- Experience of coordinating property repairs, following an insurance claim
- Confident and able to work under pressure during periods of surge
- Experience of Symbility, Synergy or Metrix systems would be a distinct advantage
- Good time management
- Confident communication skills and ability to demonstrate empathy
- The salary will be around £25,000 - £30,000 (depending upon experience)
- The office is reached easily by tube and bus
- Working hours are 8.0am to 5.00pm (with a lunch break) - some flexibility/overtime
- Option to work from home a couple of days a week (after probation period)
- 33 days holiday inc Bank Holidays
Please apply for this Senior Claims Handler role by clicking on the apply button at the bottom of the page. We may not always be able to reply to every applicant due to the volume of CVs received so if you have not received a reply within 3 working days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
By applying for the role, you will be sending us your personal data. Our Privacy Notice explains how we will use your personal data; this can be found on our website or you can request a copy.
- Claims Handling
- Buildings Insurance
- Repairs Coordinating
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'