Working for this established and growing organisation, the Claims Handlerwill work within a Claims environment, processing and handling new and existing claims. The Claims Handler will be managing their own caseload of claims, liaising as necessary with Technical teams and operating strictly within FCA regulations and guidelines. Ensuring that the most effective systems and processes are followed at all times and customers’ needs are not just consistently met but also exceeded. The Claims Handler will be rewarded with 25 days’ holidays plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme, death in service, healthcare and annual pay reviews. The company are located close to Hamilton Square train station and one stop from Liverpool city centre.
To apply for theClaims Handler role, you will possess a good understanding of the insurance market and related products, with the ability to deal professionally with clients, management and staff at all levels. PPI claims handling experience is not suitable for this role. You will possess a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook and have the capacity to learn new systems quickly. The Claims Handler will have a strong working knowledge of FCA regulations along with a passion for providing excellent customer service and experience in delivering customer support. Due to being an FCA regulated business, you will need to pass a satisfactory credit check.
- Provide advice on making a claim and the processes involved
- Process new insurance claims notifications
- Collect accurate information and documents to proceed with a claim
- Analyse a claim made by a policymaker
- Guide policyholders on how to proceed with the claim
- Manage your own caseload of files ensuring they are proactively and correctly handled and that there is a fair settlement of a valid claim
- Set and maintain appropriate reserves throughout the lifecycle of all claims
- Handle claims declines and appeals
- Ensure the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
- Adhere to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the company.
A good understanding of the insurance market and related products, with knowledge of claims systems and procedures
Ability to deal professionally with clients/management/staff at all levels
Ability to work under pressure to a high standard
A high level of written and verbal communication skills
A strong decision maker
Enthusiastic and committed with a desire to achieve and exceed targets
A high level of listening and problem solving skills
Excellent prioritising skills
Able to react quickly and effectively when dealing with challenging situations
Proven experience of understanding the importance of providing excellent customer service and experience in delivering customer support
Work well with other team members
Working knowledge of FCA Regulations
Well organised and conscientious with ability to plan and monitor work tasks.
Good IT skills, including Windows Office Suite and knowledge of databases
- To have worked in an Insurance related area
- Knowledge of claims systems and procedures
- An understanding of latent defects principles
- Experience dealing with larger and complex insurance claims
Keywords: Claims, insurance, claims handling, policy, insurance claims, insurance claims handling
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'