Summit Personnel are currently assisiting this leading global legal services firm in Leeds who have a number of vacancies for experienced In-House Claims Handlers to join their team, to work closely with Claims Managers in handling clinical negligence claims. These roles will be on a 6 month fixed term contract initially with the possibility of going permanent.
Key duties as Claims Handler will include:
- Carry out initial assessment of incoming claims, identifying priority cases and escalating as appropriate
- Liaise with customers, and, where applicable, external panel and other third parties (e.g. membership associations) to obtain information required; carry out conflict checks with panel firms; and prepare standard letters for the instruction of panel, confirming assistance to members and to comply with applicable Pre-action Protocols/statutory requirements.
- Prepare attendance notes following meetings and video conferences with members and stakeholders and where applicable, attend court.
- Review medical records to ensure full disclosure and prepare chronologies of records, case summaries, case reviews in accordance with applicable process/guidance/terms and conditions.
- Prepare letters of approach and letters of instruction to experts.
- Pro-actively manage, a partial case load of claims and pre-claims under supervision
In order to be considered for the role of Claims Handler, candidates should possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a legal or claims environment and of managing a caseload along with relevant professional qualifications
- Ability to investigate and analyse information containing both legal and medical or dental terminology
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in order to meet the needs of the members and the team
- Highly motivated and resilient
- Good time management/organisational skills
- Pro-active approach
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, case management systems/IT packages and keyboard/typing skills
In return, you will be offered a competitive starting salary of £22,000 pro-rata and the opportunity to develop your knowledge with a highly sought after employer in the specialist clinical negligence market.
- Personal Injury
- Claims Handling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'