Claims Handler - FNOL- £15,000 - £17,500
Eden Point, Cheadle Hulme
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Be able to handle and administer an FNOL claim in its entirety with supervision.
- Be able to correctly advise on claim routes and identify revenue opportunities.
- Ensure all applicable services are offered and follow up work and tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Be able to review and verify data in order to ensure fraud is detected whenever present.
- Be able to identify indemnity concerns.
- Be able to have a basic understanding of liability.
- Have a basic understanding of the Highway Code.
- Be able to use and understand multiple systems.
- Be able to set and amend claim reserves for various aspects of the claim in line with the reserving philosophy.
- Ensure claim data and costs are accurately inputted.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to including the protection of client and company data.
Financial authorities - Claims handling authorities
- Own damage authority £2,500. Reserve-third party damage £Nil, Maximum claims authority £2,500.
Specific role requirements
- Present a professional image of self and Action365.
- Review the demands and needs of customers and advise on various aspects of the claim process.
- Help the company mitigate losses.
- Work to agreed and set KPI’s.
- Adhere to regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to internal Action 365 procedures.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Educated to at least GCSE level A-C Mathematics and English.
Preferred skills and competencies
- Clear and professional communication skills - be able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge both verbally and in writing.
- Good Listening skills.
- Planning and time management skills.
- Ability to understand the importance of complaint handling.
- I.T skills and familiar with MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- To work inclusively with all colleagues, customers and business partners to promote a workplace that values equality and diversity.
- To complete the Certificate In Insurance qualification in accordance with the chartered insurance institute.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job