As part of the Claims Function, and reporting to the Claims Team Manager or Claims Centre Manager, the role of Claims Handler Level 1 is to manage effectively a caseload of claims ensuring that company policy, procedure and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times.
The jobholder will, at various times, act for the Insured and Insurer. The jobholder will be responsible for adhering to all the Group's procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case. They will also be required to comply with all relevant industry and regulatory legislation.
- Deliver all specific objectives as assigned upon appointment
- Efficiently handle all claims which are part of the job holder’s file allocation in accordance with group SLA’s
- Deliver effective and proactive communications when negotiating, focusing on claims resolution to optimise settlement times
- Deliver a customer centric claims proposition that will enhance the Towergate reputation / brand.
- Ensure that all regulatory obligations, legal requirements and company procedures and service level agreements are met
- Technical authority to handle all claims in accordance with the job holder’s claims license document
- Refer claims which fall outside of personal authority levels to appropriate referral point
- Gather and process information, as directed, to support the effective assessment of more complex cases
- Maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing at desk training and ensuring that this is recorded in line with Training & Competency requirements.
- Carry out robust diary management of an assigned caseload and improve closing ratios to above 100%
- At all times provide excellent customer service and encourage others to do likewise.
- Adhere to the Towergate Supplier Panel
- Oversight and accountability for delivering for our customers by full compliance with the Towergate Complaint Management process
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the company, and where circumstances dictate, work more flexible / additional hours to support the claims proposition for our customers
Skills And Experience Required
- Preferably a working knowledge of appropriate product lines
- General awareness of UK claims and market practices
- Ability to correctly interpret policy cover.
- Ability to apply a high level of self-management.
- Enthusiasm and passion for strong customer service
- Strong analytical, verbal and written skills
- CII progress an advantage
- Claims Handling