Our client has a number of exciting opportunities for a Claims Handler to join the team based in Folkestone. You will join them on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a highly competitive salary.
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s. When you join, they welcome you with open arms and fuel your career possibilities. They support. They encourage. They champion you to reach your full potential.
The Claims Handler Role
As their Claims Handler, you’ll be assisting customers with their claims, helping to find the right solution for their needs. Experience would be welcomed but not essential. What’s truly important is that you’re someone who puts the customer first in everything that you do.
No two calls are the same and there’s always a new solution to be found. It’s an ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes that will help you to provide an experience which exceeds their expectations. So, you can look forwards to plenty opportunities to put your caring, proactive and quick-thinking approach to good use.
Key responsibilities of the Claims Handler
- Working to achieve targets for performance and quality.
- Ensure all telephone claim notifications and query calls are handled to meet the highest standards of customer service.
- Provide their customers with exemplary service by dealing with all requests sympathetically, caringly, efficiently, accurately and promptly to company service delivery standards.
- Deal effectively with all claims calls, optimising the use of approved repairers and preferred suppliers where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for lead generation, cross selling and upgrading to meet customer needs.
- Contribute to the achievement team targets.
- Flexibility in working arrangements to ensure customer demands are satisfied
- Maintain client confidentiality and act within Company policies and guidelines.
- Validate new claims and refer discrepancies to the relevant teams.
- Plan for the collection, recovery, inspection and/or repair of customer vehicles.
- Authorise customer vehicle repairs within agreed limits.
- Advise customers of the next steps and manage their expectations.
- To be compliant with the standards laid out by various regulatory bodies.
Experience and skills required of their Claims Handler
- Ability to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all motor products, processes and claims handling techniques.
- Ability to develop and practise selling skills and techniques.
- Able to work under pressure to achieve targets.
- Strong customer service ethic to always put the interests of the customer first
- Good communication skills and able to converse with customers effectively.
- Ability to translate customer explanations into coherent and succinct descriptions.
Your learning and development will be encouraged and you’ll gain responsibility early in your career to help you thrive. The benefits available are superb, including private medical insurance, pension, childcare vouchers, discounts on insurance products, holidays and flights for you and your relatives.
So if you would like to join their team as their Claims Handler then please click 'apply’ today, they’d love to hear from you!
To all recruitment agencies: Our client does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to their recruiters, employees or any other company location. Our client is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job