Hamilton Fraser are one of the largest Insurance Brokers in the UK with awards for Best Landlord Insurance in the Insurance Choice Awards 2017, and in 2016 being recognised as being one of the fastest growing organisations in the UK.
We are currently looking to recruit a Claims Handler to ensure that all claims are handled efficiently from Notification through to Settlement.
Plus ensure that all actions and documentation issued comply with FCA regulations and within agreed service standards in line with Policy terms and conditions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process new insurance claim notifications and notifying the relevant insurer within agreed service standards
- Collect and analyse accurate information and documents required to validate and proceed with a claim
- Negotiate, settle and/or repudiate claims within delegated limits of authority and to refer all claims above delegated authority to underwriters with recommendations
- Maintain professional relationships with loss adjusters, Insurers and other relevant legal and claims professionals
- Ensure that all new claim notifications are effectively handled and advised to Insurers within agreed service standards
- To be first point of contact and provide advice/guidance to policyholders throughout the life cycle of a claim
- Monitor the progress of a claim, making sure customers and other relevant parties (internal and external) are kept informed of the progress of claims where appropriate and any issues that may arise
- To act in accordance with the agreed procedures and protocols under Delegated Authority Schemes
- Understand and adhere to all Company procedures and any areas of concern are notified to the Insurance manager
- Ensure all documentation issued and actions taken fall within the agreed service standards and FCA regulations
- Ensure that all Company security procedures, as detailed in the Personal Information Security Policy, are followed and any areas of concern are notified to your Line Manager
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- At least 1 year’s claims or case handling experience would be an advantage
- Experience within General Insurance (excluding motor) with particular reference to Property, Medical Indemnity and General Commercial Products is desirable along with a good and proven understanding of the General Insurance / Lloyds Markets and FCA regulations
- Cert CII qualification (or progression toward this) would be an advantage
- A good and proven understanding of the main General Insurance Products and / or the willingness to learn as necessary
- Excellent inter-personal and telephone skills with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely with others
- To have good organisational skills and be able to adapt to changing circumstances in a fast moving environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring that high standards of quality are consistently maintained
- Ability to resolve problems and provide solutions
- A good level of written and spoken English and Mathematical skills with a minimum A- C GCSE pass (or equivalent)
- Sound IT skills particularly with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to learn new systems and processes as required
- Ability to meet deadlines, and prioritise own workload
- To act with integrity, keep promises and demonstrate fairness and impartiality
- Ability to work within a team environment and to co-operate with team members thereby building effective working relationships
The role will be based in our brand new, state of the art offices in Borehamwood, conveniently located near to the M25 & A1 and within reach of Elstree & Borehamwood station. Hours of work will be 37.5, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, private health insurance, pension and excellent career progression with a growing business.
To apply for this role please email your CV in the first instance.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
- General Insurance
- Property Claims
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job