We are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking Claim Handlers to join their team. Our clients are a 24/7 service centre providing claim management to insurance companies. Both temporary and permanent positions are available.
Day to day operational performance of any reasonable tasks required to assist in delivery consistent service performance for all Clients, including but not limited to; claims notification, claims deployment, return visits, invoicing and complaints.
Main Purpose of Role
- To receive Home Emergency Claims via telephone, Email or specific client portals
- To deploy a Supplier from our network to each claim within the required SLA
- To ensure that every caller receives excellent customer service whether this is a customer or a supplier
- To follow through every claim so that the customer only has to make one phone call into us
- To handle and try to resolve any complaint at the first point of notification
- To be available at all times to take inbound calls or make outbound calls
At any point during your shift you may be required to undertake any or all of the following:
- To take Home Emergency claims via telephone, email or client portal and to offer first aid advice to the customer
- To answer every call within 20 seconds
- To ensure that all vulnerable customers are recorded and that their needs are escalated within the Service Centre.
- To validate claims using the client’s database to ensure the policy is valid
- To validate claims using your knowledge of Clients’ policies and through their policy matrix where we have one
- To deploy a Supplier to the emergency within the client specific SLA
- To carry out follow up calls to the customer and/or to the Supplier to ensure that the work has been completed satisfactorily and to complete a client satisfaction survey if required
- To deal with any customer queries regarding the progress of their claim
- To keep the customer updated at every stage of the claim journey and to use empathy and understanding of their circumstances
- To deal with incoming emails from suppliers and customers
- To log any dissatisfaction in line with company procedures
- To resolve any dissatisfaction at the first point of notification but where you are unable to do so to advise a Supervisor immediately; escalate any potential customer issues through the escalation process as soon as you become aware of any
- To raise invoices and purchase orders for completed claims
- To maintain the accuracy of the CRM system
- To maintain a strong knowledge of the client specific procedures and policies.
- To be a champion of excellent customer service, be that directed at client, customer or supplier
- To proactively seek to improve your own skills to the benefit of the company’s service through identification of training needs with your Supervisor
- To fully embrace Treating Customers Fairly, and conduct business in a manner which conforms to this
- To understand Data Protection Act regulations and ensure that all times these regulations are adhered to
- To consistently comply with Health and Safety Regulations in all aspects of general duties.
- The company uniform is to be worn once issued after probation on all midweek shifts
- Breaks are only to be taken when instructed by a Supervisor. The length of any break will be determined by the length of the shift; no other breaks can be taken
- Smoking is only allowed during official breaks and only at the side of the company building
- Desks should be cleared at the end of every shift and all cups or crockery should be washed and put away
- All Service Centre rules must be followed at all times
Induction training is for a period of 3 weeks (Monday to Friday) normally 9am - 5pm. After successful completion of the induction staff would be added onto our existing rota which is based on a 12-hour shift pattern. 3 x 12 hour shifts for 2 weeks and every third week an additional 12-hour shift would be worked.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
- Call Centre
- Customer Issues
- Insurance Companies
- Call Logging
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job