RTA Injury Claims Handler - £20,000 - £22,500 DOE
Eden Point, Cheadle Hulme
The RTA Injury Handler will be expected to work in line with company and regulatory procedures in order to ensure all claims submitted against the client insurer are handled correctly mitigating losses and preventing leakage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and manage Stage 1 & 2 injury claims received via the MOJ portal.
- Answer all incoming call enquiries in an efficient, expedient and customer focused way, ensuring that the customer receives a professional service at all times.
- Assess whether the company should be dealing with the injury claim and value and negotiate the injury settlement.
- Provide support to other claims departments when necessary.
- Administer claims correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Organise claims that are received in order to ensure all claims are processed within the constraints of the MOJ Portal. Process and record new and existing third party injury claims.
- Set and amend reserves and raise payments for various aspects of a claim.
- Review and verify data in order to ensure fraud is detected whenever present.
- Process settlement, interim, compensator and decision packs as received by the MOJ Portal.
- Negotiate with third party representatives in order to mitigate costs for the Insurer.
Financial authorities - Claims handling authorities
- Third party property damage £2,500. Third party bodily injury £3,500, Storage and Recovery £1,000, Claims Injury Expenses £2,500 and Claims Management Expenses £1,000.
- Maximum claims authority £2,500.
- High level of interpersonal skills - the ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships
- Negotiation and Influencing skills. Communication skills - able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Good Problem solving skills.
- Computer literate and thorough understanding of company software.
- Basic report writing skills.
- A good understanding of the pre-Action protocol and the ability to interpret the JC Guidelines.
- A good understanding of personal injury and third party claims handling.
- A good understanding of the reserve philosophy and processes of the company.
- A good level of understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules.
- JC guidelines knowledge.
- Pre-Action Protocol knowledge.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Educated to at least GCSE level A-C Mathematics and English.
- Insurance qualification CERT CII combined with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- To work positively and inclusively with all colleagues, customers and business partners to promote a workplace that values equality and diversity.
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures as set out in the company handbook.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job