Purpose of the Role:
- To effectively manage a portfolio of motor claims encompassing third party property damage, credit hire and accident damage from infancy through to settlement.
- Validate claims with application of fraud and indemnity knowledge.
- Expertly assess all aspect of the claim to achieve lowest possible claims spend.
- Exhaust all investigation avenues to facilitate accurate and prompt assessment of liability
- Provide excellent service to all stakeholders
- Contribute towards continuous improvement with the generation of ideas.
- Ensure that indemnity spend is minimised with application of effective liability decision making and commercial considerations.
- Application of accurate reserves in line with company guidelines.
- Prompt and thorough liability investigations collating all available evidence to arrive at an accurate assessment of liability
- Application of accurate reserving
- Ability to capture and record key data ensuring its integrity throughout the lifecycle of the claim
- Excel against customer service level expectations and taking ownership of all inbound communication.
- Attention to detail
- Ensure thorough chronological record keeping of all activity within file claim notes.
- Ensure effective communication to Policyholder of all claim decisions and progression.
- Accurate quantum assessment on presented claims
- Maintain effective diary management to minimise claims lifecycle
Application of technical knowledge
- Expertly assess policy indemnity
- Identification of fraud indicators
- Proficiently investigate and assess liability drawing upon knowledge of relevant section of the highway code and case law
- Application of reserving philosophy.
- Be proficient in the use and application of Visualfiles and other inelegance systems
- Ability to interrogate expert reports and apply findings to both liability and quantum elements of the claim
- Knowledge of the civil procedure rules with regards to offers, acceptances and litigation risks
- Meet set targets in respect to the following:
- Inbound and outbound call volumes
- Managing inbound written communication within set service level agreements
- Diary management
- Endorse and drive the company values and behaviours
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to fact find and analyse information to result in accurate decision making
- Motivated self starter
- Persuasive, strong and confident communicator
- PC literate with excellent administration and processing skills
- Ability to work as a team
- Proficient use of initiative
- Cert CII qualified or working towards or 2 year plus experience in a claims environment
- Cert CII qualified or working towards
- 2 year plus experience in a claims environment or within a role with transferrable skills
- Customer Service
- Property Damage
- Motor Claims
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job