Claims Handler/Customer Service Advisor

Posted 6 days ago by Eldon Insurance
Easy Apply

**FANTASTIC WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS - INCLUDING FLEXIBLE WORKING AND THE ABILITY TO ACCRUE EXTRA HOLIDAY, PLUS QUARTERLY BONUS!**

Are you an enthusiastic, positive and friendly individual? Do you build rapport quickly and easily, with natural and strong communication skills? Then we have the perfect job for you!

A fantastic opportunity has arisen for full-time and part-time staff to join our FNOL (first notification of loss) team in Newcastle. The role of FNOL Claims Handler/Customer Service Advisor is a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to get their foot in the door with a progressive and successful company, where you will be fully trained and have the scope to progress into other teams.

The ideal candidates will be confident and clear on the telephone, capable of working under pressure to targets and possess the ability to gather and record information accurately. The best part is, previous call centre experience isn’t essential - however, if you have telephony experience or have worked within an insurance call centre before this is a bonus!

Key Responsibilities of the Claims Handler/Customer Service Advisor:

  • Obtain full circumstances of a claim, collating all required information and recording this accurately on the relevancy system/database
  • Being able to appoint correct partners to maximise hire and personal injury conversion
  • Identify when there is an opportunity to recover an outlay
  • Identify material discrepancies and understand the follow up processes
  • Fast track any potential high value claims to the correct teams

Skills needed:

  • Excellent communication skills - be confident and happy on the phone
  • Negotiation skills
  • Friendly and professional approach - able to offer empathy and build genuine rapport with customers
  • A strong level of common sense
  • The ability to learn and continue to learn from your peers and managers

This role is about 90% telephone based so you will need to be confident on the phone and clear in your communication style. The other 10% of the role will be using databases and IT systems so good IT skills and ability to accurately enter data will be advantageous.

What WE can offer YOU…

  • Salary of £16,500pa
  • 22 days holiday rising to a max of 27 days with each year of service
  • Flexible working - you will need to be in the business between the core hours of 10-4pm, however we can offer flexibility
  • Bonus - a quarterly bonus will be paid if you meet and excel KPI targets, this uplifts salary by 10% per annum!
  • Relaxed dress code
  • A company pension scheme
  • Cycle to work scheme

Please get in touch with Kate, Talent Acquisition Partner, in the Bristol office for further information on the roles and to find out about next steps in the process.

Please send your CV in for our consideration, and we will come back to you as soon as possible. The closing date for this role is Friday 30th November.

Required skills

  • Communication Skills
  • Customer Service
  • Telephone Manner
  • Build Strong Relationships

Reference: 34683954

Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.

Report this job