Claims Handler - Casualty / Complex Personal Injury
Job Market - Insurance Claims
Claims Handler - Casualty / Complex Personal Injury - Role Overview
Directly managing a multi-million pound portfolio of complex and sensitive claims in line with Company Claims Philosophy, reserving accuracy standards and limits of authority.
- Investigate and resolve complex Claims of a specialist nature in order to drive improved financial outcomes with an ultimate focus on controlling the average severity of claims.
- Proactively examine and evaluate claims to ensure accurate reserving of claims held within the portfolio of cases
- Develop and apply claims strategies in order to conclude claims in an economical and efficient way and to drive down the length of 'claims lifecycle’
- Identify subrogation, contribution and other recovery issues and ensure that these are successfully pursued where appropriate
- Attend conferences/discussion facilities relevant to specific claims as well as Court attendances as required.
- Participate in all relevant meetings in order to share and develop technical strategy, knowledge and best practice.
- Use knowledge from referrals and quality audits to contribute to and deliver technical and process improvement initiatives to continually build operational and technical capability
- Identify threats and opportunities in the market and external environment, contributing to the development of change solutions to optimise ERS technical and operational response
- Deliver technical training to selected claims personnel, actuaries, underwriters or external partners. Act as a point of reference to guide, mentor and advise others to ensure the sharing of knowledge and best practice.
- Be aware of and act upon all compliance matters e.g. TCF, Data Protection, and Money Laundering etc.
- Good knowledge and understanding of liability and technical issues
- Knowledge of pre and post litigation procedures (appropriate to level of claims handling ability).
- Knowledge of Damages (Special and General Damages) and scale evaluation relevant to claim pursued.
- Understanding of CRU/NHS procedures in PI Claims Handling.
- Understanding of Past and Future Losses and Ogden tables.
- Knowledge of Care Claims and at least basic understanding of Provisional Damages and PPO’s.
- Current knowledge of compliance, regulatory and statutory requirements
- In depth experience of working in a Motor claims environment within a specialized/complex Claims area
- ACII qualified or progress towards completion of insurance qualifications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job