Are you looking for a career with a fast-growing, dynamic company? Well look no further! We’re on the lookout to expand our Motor Claims team in Exchange Quay, Salford.
You may be a strong customer service guru looking for a new challenge in the Insurance industry or already in the claims industry but looking for a change. Either way- we’d like to hear from you!
As a Claims Negotiator, you’ll be required to take claims telephone calls from customers, asking appropriate questions in order to obtain the necessary information, and log all the required details on the system, for new and existing claims. We’ll provide full training for the role which will be delivered by our own in-house Learning and Development team.
- Proactively record, process and settle claims in accordance with our principles and procedures and maintain files within our service standards
- Ensure that all files are reserved accurately and promptly within our reserving philosophy
- Be personally responsible for ensuring the reserves fully reflect the level of damages on each file
- Process cheques on claims files as required and in accordance with your authorities
- Identify and champion potential fraudulent claims and action as per guidelines
- Ensure liability is agreed within existing case law and accident circumstances
- Effectively negotiate with customers, suppliers all relevant third party representatives
What we’re looking for: Skills & Experience
- At least two years experience in a customer service role
- Good time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work
- Complaint resolution is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills is a plus
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adopt a logical approach to resolving problems
- Strong customer service skills
- Performing basic assessment of liability
- Managing enquiries regarding existing claims
- File management of customer claims including making total loss payments is desirable but not essential
- Good liability knowledge
- Understanding of the end-to-end customer claims process
- Understanding of FCA requirements (including Treating Customers Fairly)
- Understanding of engineers reports and vehicle valuations
If you’d like to work for an award-winning employer in a fast-paced environment, please apply now!
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job