Fancy joining one of the UK's leading claims management firms? Claims Consortium Group are recruiting talented, ambitious Claims Experts for our Taunton Office.
The only company in the UK to be voted Times Top 100 Companies to Work For, Investors in People Gold and The Queens Award for Innovation Enterprise, we care about our people and this is highlighted
This office based role has the overall responsibility for the successful management of all types of high value property insurance claims from initial notification to final settlement. You will be able to apply a high level of technical expertise to different situations and our ideal candidate will have on-site domestic building construction and insurance claims knowledge or loss adjuster experience, preferably within refurbishment and new build properties.
Managing various parties involved throughout the claim lifecycle, you will apply these principles to a property insurance claim and have the confidence to make informed decisions. Some insurance claim knowledge would be an advantage but we will provide extensive training.
1) Liaising with customers in order to understand their claim and provide an in depth analysis in relation to their situation.
2) Investigating the circumstances around the loss or damage - when, what, who and how.
- Understanding and applying the policy cover to a claimant’s situation in order to determine what is/is not covered by the policy.
- Making informed decisions - Who to send out to visit the customer to assist with their claim.
- Understanding exactly what we need from the visiting supplier.
- Reading and understanding the array of complex reports issued.
- Deciding the next action and planning the claim journey.
- Appointing all necessary suppliers to resolve the claim.
- Setting and maintaining financial reserves.
- Manage complaints and ensure information is logged accurately.
- Awareness of fraud indicators.
- Investigating recoveries and fraud indicators
- Issuing interim reports to clients, including invoices and making interim payments to suppliers.
- Regularly contacting the customer and all parties to monitor and report progress. Ensure regular updates are provided.
- Manage the repair process with on-site assistance.
- Ensuring comprehensive notes are recorded on all files.
- Striving to receive a compliment on every claim.
- Manage a varied workload. From time to time you may be required to assist on areas outside the remit of this job description.
Qualifications and Experience:
1) On-site construction industry experience, possibly with a trade, management or surveying background.
2) Loss adjuster experience advantageous
2) Claims insurance experience desirable
At least 2 of the 3 above would be preferred.
- Ability to make decisions, plan and see each claim through to the end whilst communicating with multiple parties.
- Must be inquisitive - understand the situation and solve any problems encountered
- Great organisational ability with a responsible, honest and positive approach
- Proven high levels of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good IT skills with the ability to use multiple systems (Microsoft, bespoke packages)
- Complaint Handling skills
As an individual, you will have a proven track record of exhibiting a professional and personal approach when dealing with customers. Evidencing your fantastic planning, controlling and project management skills, you will provide a structured, faultless approach when dealing with Project Managed Claims.
Behaviour and Conduct:
As a firm, we believe all individuals should be customer service driven, with a real passion for working with people. By providing innovative solutions and being engaging, teams are motivated to achieve results and provide the excellent service Claims Consortium is recognised for. Individuals should be driven, approachable and also flexible to work the hour’s necessary and help other employees, in order to fulfil service needs.
Claims Consortium Integrity:
Claims Consortium works at all times lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance, company policy and processes and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety, General Insurance Standards Council and Financial Conduct Authority Standards.
- Building Services
- Claims Management
- Customer Service
- Property Claims
- Loss Adjusting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job