Harvey Mcqueen are pleased to introduce this exciting opportunity to join our well established client, as a Trainee Broker Services Advisor. The ideal candidate will already have experience within a customer service environment with excellent administration skills. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop skills. Full training will be provided.
SCOPE & PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The Trainee Broker Services Advisor will need to work closely with colleagues, internal departments and Software Houses to provide a full support service to our Shareholding and non Shareholding brokers. The Trainee Advisor must have experience working within a customer service and/or business administration background. Full training will be given but we would expect the Trainee to be organised and have strong customer service skills. This role represents an opportunity to be part of a successful and dynamic department which is critical to the support of the Brokers transacting business on behalf our of client. The Trainee Advisor would be required to work flexibly and be adaptable to the department’s business needs and requirements. For the right candidate there will be future opportunities of progression within the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer Service Provide point of contact for any incoming broker query and ensuring these are actioned as appropriate.
- Maintain high standards of customer service Provide a courteous approach to all brokers and contacts
- Ensure timely allocation of tasks within department, company and FCA guidelines.
- Manage the brokers full expectations Manage queries and low level complaints with support from Senior, Team Leader and Manager.
- Administration Ensure work administration is collated according to department guidelines and any filing and updates are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and secure records
- Deal with Broker correspondence Sorting and distributing incoming mail and scanning the post to the appropriate folder Produce documents with 100% accuracy Awareness of Service Level Agreements
- Provide cover for team members as required - e.g. for holiday, absence Undertake any other duties and project responsibilities reasonably required
- With appropriate guidance, full training and supervision the Trainee Advisor will develop competencies in the following areas over a period of time:
- Maintain and update internal database system as required
- Communicate and record issues accurately to Software Houses or colleagues as required Communicate with Brokers as required.
- Providing technical advice, support and assistance within defined authority limits via telephone and email
- To attain satisfactory percentage pass on all audits carried out by the Technical Support Manager
- To undergo training of the Broker Direct internal systems.
- Willingness to progress towards further relevant professional qualifications, namely the Certificate
- in Insurance with the CII.
- Compliance & Health and Safety.
- Continuing awareness and compliance with FCA, Data Protection, Health and Safety, other
- regulatory and financial requirements.
- Continuing awareness and compliance with all internal policies and expectations regarding
- confidentiality and security of systems and information.
EXPECTED/REQUIRED BEHAVIOURS & SKILLS:
- Evidence of flexible, "can do" attitude.
- Self-motivated and willing to maximise personal contribution to the role, departmental and overall organisational objectives.
- Strong commitment to customer services and service level agreements/targets.
- Effective and clear communication, telephone and listening skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, happy to assist others with workload where applicable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to individual targets and timescales.
- Organisational skills
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience of working in a customer service and business administration environment is essential.
- At least 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (or equivalent e.g. NVQ Level 2) to include English and
- Experience and knowledge of working in a similar role would be beneficial
- PC Literate - experience of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook would be helpful.
Don't miss out on this excellent development opportunity!! Please apply for immediate consideration.
- Customer Service